Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Patrik Grip-Jansson <pa...@gnulix.org> on 2002/03/05 10:55:54 UTC

New version of manual.xsl

Here's a newer version of manual.xsl. There are still some problems with
Mozilla. Works great in Xalan, xsltproc, and so on. I'll try to find the
source of these problems later on tonight.

This version localizes all string (I hope.) It also adds two new types to
<note>; warning and securitywarning. Right now the only difference is that
the background color gets a bit red.

--
.---------------------.
| Patrik Grip-Jansson |
| Ringen 4B           |    .--------------------.
| 78444 Borl�nge   .--'----' http://gnulix.com/ `---------.
| Sweden           |  All views and opinions are my own,  |
`------------------| PH:+46(0)24382823 PW:+46(0)707354360 |
                   `--------------------------------------'

RE: New version of manual.xsl

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Patrik Grip-Jansson [mailto:patrikj@gnulix.org]

> > Now, the biggest outstanding issue is, is there any way to make
> this work
> > more consistently in the different XSLT engines?
>
> The ones I've tried so far are Mozilla, Xalan-C++, and xsltproc (from
> Gnome's XML/XSLT suite.) They all produce correct results from
> the current
> stylesheet. Does anyone know of an engine that causes problems?

Well, I still can't use  Ant+Xalan+Xerces (Java).  I have a feeling that the
multi-level includes in the stylesheets mess up the stylesheet pre-loading.
Whatever.  At the moment I'm just using a shell script to launch
Xalan+Xerces individually on each doc.  Not pretty, but it works for now.

Joshua.

RE: New version of manual.xsl

Posted by Patrik Grip-Jansson <pa...@gnulix.org>.
On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> I changed a few things: I got rid of the 100% table widths because they
> don't render properly in MSIE (extend past end of page).  I'd guess this has
> to do with the table in blockquote hack that we are currently using.

OK, the reason I added that was that it looked a bit ugly when different
sized "boxes" where close together. Not really a major issue though, I'll
guess we can do something about that later on :-)

RE: New version of manual.xsl

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Patrik Grip-Jansson [mailto:patrikj@gnulix.org]

> On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:
>
> > > Actually I think this is version is pretty suitable for a
> commit. It has
> > > got all words localized, which the one in the repository hasn't.
> > Ok.  I'll try to do it later.
>
> I managed to fix a couple of the extra white space problems. I've
> included
> a diff, it's against the old file from the repository.

OK.  Committed.

RE: New version of manual.xsl

Posted by Patrik Grip-Jansson <pa...@gnulix.org>.

RE: New version of manual.xsl

Posted by Patrik Grip-Jansson <pa...@gnulix.org>.
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Yep, you're way up on me again.  You do indeed have an account, but it
> doesn't look like you have commit access to anything.  Can you refresh my
> memory about this?

Well, I was about to start translating the 1.3 docs into Swedish and
generally help out in some other ways (mainly editing). Then I got ill for
almost a year, during which I didn't do anything at all. I hardly even
managed to lurk.

The next time I had time to check out my account was after the security
problems. My account seemed to be locked out. Since I wasn't sure how much
time I could spend on the project, I didn't bother anyone about the
account.

However, now I got quite a lot of time on my hands. Which I'll try to
spend a large chunk of on the documentation project...

--
.---------------------.
| Patrik Grip-Jansson |

RE: New version of manual.xsl

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Patrik Grip-Jansson wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:
>
> > Cool, thanks.  For the future, context diffs (diff -u) are much better.
>
> I did use context diffs, that is "diff -c". With the "u" flag you'll get
> unified diffs. Which, I gather is what you're after.

Yep.  You're way ahead of me.

RE: New version of manual.xsl

Posted by Patrik Grip-Jansson <pa...@gnulix.org>.
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Cool, thanks.  For the future, context diffs (diff -u) are much better.

I did use context diffs, that is "diff -c". With the "u" flag you'll get
unified diffs. Which, I gather is what you're after.

> I'll wait 'till you have a chance to look at the other stuff before I commit
> this.

Actually I think this is version is pretty suitable for a commit. It has
got all words localized, which the one in the repository hasn't.

>  In addition, if you have a chance, it would be great if you could
> look at the spacing problem (extra space after <directive></directive> and
> <module></module> in the html output).

Yes, I saw that when I tinkered around with a Swedish translation I just
did. I think I know what the problem is. I'll try to fix it with-in the
hour.

RE: New version of manual.xsl

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

> From: Patrik Grip-Jansson [mailto:patrikj@gnulix.org]

> On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:
>
> > Sorry, this might be a pain for you, but I'm going to have to insist on
> > diffs for this stuff.  Otherwise, it is almost impossible to determine
> > what has changed from one version to another.
>
> Not a problem. I should have thought of it myself! I guess I'll have to
> try to get CVS access later on, so this process is easier.
>
> Here are the diffs. There's nothing new in this version.

Cool, thanks.  For the future, context diffs (diff -u) are much better.

I'll wait 'till you have a chance to look at the other stuff before I commit
this.  In addition, if you have a chance, it would be great if you could
look at the spacing problem (extra space after <directive></directive> and
<module></module> in the html output).

As far as commit access, as long as you hang around for a little while and
keep contributing, that will come.

Thanks again.

Joshua.

Re: New version of manual.xsl

Posted by Patrik Grip-Jansson <pa...@gnulix.org>.
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Sorry, this might be a pain for you, but I'm going to have to insist on
> diffs for this stuff.  Otherwise, it is almost impossible to determine
> what has changed from one version to another.

Not a problem. I should have thought of it myself! I guess I'll have to
try to get CVS access later on, so this process is easier.

Here are the diffs. There's nothing new in this version.

Well, time to track down why Mozilla isn't working with the new style...

--
.---------------------.
| Patrik Grip-Jansson |

Re: New version of manual.xsl

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Patrik Grip-Jansson wrote:

> Here's a newer version of manual.xsl. There are still some problems with
> Mozilla. Works great in Xalan, xsltproc, and so on. I'll try to find the
> source of these problems later on tonight.
>
> This version localizes all string (I hope.) It also adds two new types to
> <note>; warning and securitywarning. Right now the only difference is that
> the background color gets a bit red.

Sorry, this might be a pain for you, but I'm going to have to insist on
diffs for this stuff.  Otherwise, it is almost impossible to determine
what has changed from one version to another.

If you need help figuring out how to get diffs, please let us know what
platform/tools you are using.

Thanks!

Joshua.