Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by tras <tr...@ccbilleu.com> on 2015/09/17 15:56:14 UTC

Managing Inactive Offline Durable Subscription

Using activemq version 5.7.0A component which had a durable subscription to a
VirtualTopic was undeployed. This component was then restarted and the
durable subscription was given a different client id. This is causing an
issue of storage since the previous subscription with the old client id is
still consuming all events.Deleting the subsciption from UI web admin is not
working (storage is not going down and on restart subscription is showing up
again). Adding the following offlineDurableSubscriberTimeout="86400000"
offlineDurableSubscriberTaskSchedule="3600000" in the activemq.xml and
restarting activemq still doesn't delete the automatically the
subscription.Is there a way one can delete an offline durable topic
subscriber?Note: The Topic is being used by other active durable subscribers
having different client ids but same subscription names.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Also, you could write a utility program that would connect with that client
ID and subscription name and perform an unsubscribe on the consumer's
behalf.  You're essentially impersonating the consumer for this one
purpose, but given what you're doing, that's probably not an issue.

Tim

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
As described at the bottom of
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-durable-queues-and-topics-work.html, if
you want durable subscriptions to work, you can't allow the client ID to
change following a restart.  Set it yourself, explicitly, to guarantee it
doesn't change.