Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Elliot West <te...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/23 09:17:34 UTC

org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveMetaStoreClientFactory

Hello,

I'm looking for an abstraction to use for integrating with different
(non-Thrift) metadata catalog implementations. I know that AWS Glue manages
this and so have explored in EMR (Hive 2.3.2) a little. I see that it uses
the "org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveMetaStoreClientFactory"
interface to do this. However, I cannot find this class anywhere in vanilla
Apache Hive.

Is this an Amazon specific construct (if so then why is it namespaced to
org.apache.hadoop.hive?) or are my code searching abilities failing me.
Does this class exist in Apache Hive, and if so, where? (A link in GitHub
would be appreciated).

Cheers,

Elliot.

Re: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveMetaStoreClientFactory

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
Your code searching skills are intact (or, at least this doesn't prove they
aren't).  That class doesn't exist in Hive and I assume was invented by
Amazon.  I assume they placed it in o.a.h.hive so they could access package
specific classes etc.  Apache doesn't prohibit using its name in package
names, only in maven artifacts.  If you're in contact with them you could
poke them to contribute it back.

Alan.