Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Rameshwar Mane <mr...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/09 09:32:51 UTC

Documentation for Kerberos Authorization

Hi,
I was going through the documentation of Apache Drill 1.16.0. I was having
difficulties in setting up drill in Kerberised cluster and also while
creating storage plugins as well. If possible, please provide kerberos
configurations for storage plugins as well in the documetation.

Thanks and regards
*Rameshwar Mane*

Re: Documentation for Kerberos Authorization

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Rameshwar,
Thanks for your interest in Drill.  A few things:
1. Drill 1.17 is being released very soon.  (We just released RC0 yesterday) which has numerous bug fixes and improvements.  I'd strongly recommend trying the updated version as the issues you are facing may very well have been addressed in Drill 1.17.

2.  It would be helpful if you could describe the issues you are encountering with the standard info for issue reporting:
* Environment / Initial Conditions
* Steps To Reproduce
* Expected Result
* Actual Result
* Additional Information / Notes (if any)

If the issues are reproducible and something we can fix, it would be best to create a JIRA issue so that it can be addressed and everyone will benefit from it.
Thanks!
-- C