Posted to dev@celix.apache.org by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/11 21:33:46 UTC

[DISCUSS] Preparation for a (Mini) Apache Celix Hackathon

Hi All,

Together with Mohammed Nour I am planning a Mini Hackathon session for
Apache Celix @ Thales on the 30th of june. The focus of the Hackathon
will be remote services and we hope to get many people interested to
join the session to get interested in Apache Celix and/or OSGi.

One of the discussion Nour and I had was about what should we ask, in
terms of preparation, to make this session a success. We already
created a intro with some links to the Apache Celix website, OSGi
introduction and the remote services/remote service admin
specification.

Should we also expect people to already download and build Celix or
should we leave this as a starting exercise? Do we need to provide
some additional links about C (it is not the most popular programming
language ....)?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Pepijn

Re: [DISCUSS] Preparation for a (Mini) Apache Celix Hackathon

Posted by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:25 PM, Marcel Offermans
<ma...@luminis.nl> wrote:
> Hello Pepijn,
>
> On Jun 11, 2013, at 21:33 PM, Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Together with Mohammed Nour I am planning a Mini Hackathon session for
>> Apache Celix @ Thales on the 30th of june. The focus of the Hackathon
>> will be remote services and we hope to get many people interested to
>> join the session to get interested in Apache Celix and/or OSGi.
>
> I am interested, however, Luminis Technologies has a "social weekend" exactly that weekend, so unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time. Would it make sense to also post this invitation on the Amdatu mailing list? I can forward it if you want.

Ok shame you can't come, hopefully so maybe next time ;). Forwarding
to the Amdatu mailing list makes sense, so feel free to do that.

Re: [DISCUSS] Preparation for a (Mini) Apache Celix Hackathon

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Pepijn,

On Jun 11, 2013, at 21:33 PM, Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Together with Mohammed Nour I am planning a Mini Hackathon session for
> Apache Celix @ Thales on the 30th of june. The focus of the Hackathon
> will be remote services and we hope to get many people interested to
> join the session to get interested in Apache Celix and/or OSGi.

I am interested, however, Luminis Technologies has a "social weekend" exactly that weekend, so unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time. Would it make sense to also post this invitation on the Amdatu mailing list? I can forward it if you want.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: [DISCUSS] Preparation for a (Mini) Apache Celix Hackathon

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Ah sorry my wrong here it is (http://www.meetup.com/apachemeetup-nl/)

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:16 PM, Sascha Zelzer <s.zelzer@dkfz-heidelberg.de

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: [DISCUSS] Preparation for a (Mini) Apache Celix Hackathon

Posted by Sascha Zelzer <s....@dkfz-heidelberg.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: [DISCUSS] Preparation for a (Mini) Apache Celix Hackathon

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: [DISCUSS] Preparation for a (Mini) Apache Celix Hackathon

Posted by Sascha Zelzer <s....@dkfz-heidelberg.de>.
Hi,

On 06/13/2013 01:28 PM, Pepijn Noltes wrote:
> Hi Sascha,
>

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:21 PM, Sascha Zelzer
> <s....@dkfz-heidelberg.de> wrote:
>> Hi Pepijn,
>>
>> I was thinking to maybe "hijack" the Hackathon and try to get the NativeOSGi
>> people together again if possible (but only if that is okay with you of
>> course).
>>
> No hijacking the Hackathon is in my opinion not a problem, if the
> hijack topic is somewhat related to Apache Celix and we still have
> focus on the main topic. I even think this would be welcome, so that
> we have the option to separate the group if the group get's to big.
> Working with 10 or more people on one topic is going to be a challenge
> ;)
Agreed.

>> Concerning the date, the 30th of June is a Sunday, so was that intended? If
>> yes, I wouldn't be able to make it at this week-end anyway... :-(
> Yes the date is intended, but we where thinking about planning an
> additional Hackathon after this one, so maybe NativeOSGi could be the
> focus of the Hackathon after this one ?? I am not sure if Nour feels
> the same ....

That would be great in my opinion (I wouldn't be able to attend on the
30th anyway).

Best,

Sascha

Re: [DISCUSS] Preparation for a (Mini) Apache Celix Hackathon

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Sascha,
>

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:21 PM, Sascha Zelzer
> <s....@dkfz-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> > Hi Pepijn,
> >
> > I was thinking to maybe "hijack" the Hackathon and try to get the
> NativeOSGi
> > people together again if possible (but only if that is okay with you of
> > course).
> >

> No hijacking the Hackathon is in my opinion not a problem, if the
> hijack topic is somewhat related to Apache Celix and we still have
> focus on the main topic. I even think this would be welcome, so that
> we have the option to separate the group if the group get's to big.
> Working with 10 or more people on one topic is going to be a challenge
> ;)
>
> > Concerning the date, the 30th of June is a Sunday, so was that intended?
> If
> > yes, I wouldn't be able to make it at this week-end anyway... :-(
>
> Yes the date is intended, but we where thinking about planning an
> additional Hackathon after this one, so maybe NativeOSGi could be the
> focus of the Hackathon after this one ?? I am not sure if Nour feels
> the same ....

Sure, thats a great idea and also helps builds the awareness more about
that effort. Lets put it as a agenda item to discuss on the mini-hackathon
day

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: [DISCUSS] Preparation for a (Mini) Apache Celix Hackathon

Posted by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sascha,

Posted by Sascha Zelzer <s....@dkfz-heidelberg.de>.
Hi Pepijn,