Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by mohan <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/04 11:19:49 UTC

Error when using JAMES with gateway SMTP Server

Hi,

We are using JAMES 2.0a.2 build in our web based
application. JAMES sends the mail to a gateway SMTP
server. For this, JAMES has been configured in
config.xml.

As per the logs, JAMES is trying to send mail to the
gateway server. But error is thrown as given below :

SGT 2003 [INFO ] (James.Mailet): RemoteDelivery:
Permanent exception delivering mail
(Mail1043749896491-5-!558846114-to-yahoo.com:
javax.mail.MessagingException: 553 5.3.0 ... Not in
allowed user   at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueCommand(SMTPTransport.java:879)
at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:599)
at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:319)
at
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.RemoteDelivery.deliver(RemoteDelivery.java:191)
at
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.RemoteDelivery.run(RemoteDelivery.java:394)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Can anybody give some clue ?

Thanks and regards,

Mohan

RE: Problem with From Part in the headers

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
Damian,
Post that part of your config.xml, a description of what you are trying to do, and the version number you are using.
Without that we can only guess.

d.

RE: Error when using JAMES with gateway SMTP Server

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> We are using JAMES 2.0a.2 build in our web based
> application.

Are you able to upgrade to James v2.1?

> RemoteDelivery: Permanent exception delivering mail
> (Mail1043749896491-5-!558846114-to-yahoo.com:
> javax.mail.MessagingException: 553 5.3.0 ... Not in allowed user

Check your gateway server to make sure that (a) it is the one rejecting, and
(b) why.

	--- Noel