Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/10/20 04:19:58 UTC

Cocoon mis-configs

Hi Nicola,

Could you look at the cocoon module.xml and see what you can do to remove the

Dropping project swf-block because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
"swf" not found processing project swf-block
Dropping project jfor-block because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
"jfor" not found processing project jfor-block
Dropping project chaperon-block because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "chaperon" not found processing project chaperon-block

warnings. If you could then that would mean no errors pop up when running gump
which would be great ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
| Contrary to popular belief, UNIX is user-friendly. It   |
| just happens to be selective on who it makes friendship |
| with.                                                   |
|                       - Richard Cook                    |

Re: Cocoon mis-configs

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:12, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> > If you could then that would mean no errors pop up when running gump
> > which would be great ;)
>
> Dropping project excalibur-monitor because of Exception
> java.lang.Exception: project "excalibur-source" not found processing
> project excalibur-monitor Dropping project jakarta-avalon-phoenix because
> of Exception java.lang.Exception: project "excalibur-monitor" not found
> processing project jakarta-avalon-phoenix Dropping project
> jakarta-avalon-ftpserver because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
> "jakarta-avalon-phoenix" not found processing project
> jakarta-avalon-ftpserver Dropping project jakarta-avalon-cornerstone
> because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project "jakarta-avalon-phoenix"
> not found processing project jakarta-avalon-cornerstone
>
> ;-)

awwww ... cheeky bugger.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: Cocoon mis-configs

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

> A bit unfair for Peter,

True, but I know he can stand that. 8-)

Stefan

Re: Cocoon mis-configs

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> For an XSLT/bash weenie and .bat illiterate it is a bit challenging
> though

You've just described why I haven't done it so far. ;-)

Stefan

Re: Cocoon mis-configs

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:30, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> > It works but it does not tell you which things failed
>
> Ah, I see.
>
> Well, to change that, "all you have to do" is to make the build
> scripts echo the 'missing prereq' line after <XMP> instead of just in
> front of it.

yep - thats "all you have to do" :) For an XSLT/bash weenie and .bat
illiterate it is a bit challenging though ;)=

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- Maugham

Re: Cocoon mis-configs

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: Cocoon mis-configs

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:15, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> > If you do go down and change this feel free to look at adding nags
> > for pre-req failures because I tried and ended up scratching my
> > noggin when I couldn't quite get it to work ;)
>
> The one you've added to jakarta-avalon-phoenix.xml used to work for me
> on my box, what's been wrong for you?

It works but it does not tell you which things failed which means I am
reluctent to activate it and send it to mailing lists as I doubt it would be
good advertising for gump :) ie They would ask too many questions and not be
impressed. Its fine for me to use to make sure I am on top of things but it
would be better if I could point it at a mailing list and other people could
deal with the problems.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: Cocoon mis-configs

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> It should be in theory possible to add a nag to the gump build that
> informs you when things are being dropped.

It works (in my own workspace, at least).

I define the gump project in my workspace (which is not in Gump's
CVS) like this:

  <project name="gump" home="/home/bodewig/gump">
    <ant>
      <property name="workspace" value="bodewig.xml"/>
      <property name="webstyle" value="stylesheet/jakarta.xsl"/>
      <property name="target" value="bash"/>
      <property name="extension" value="sh"/>
    </ant>
    <deliver fromdir="../../../../../dev/gump/log" tosite="stefans-test"
             todir="@@DATE@@/" />
    <nag to="bodewig@bost.de"
         from="bodewig@bost.de"
         subject="Dropping Turbine Projects">
      <regexp pattern="/project .jakarta-turbine-stratum. not found/"/>
    </nag>
    <nag to="bodewig@bost.de"
         from="bodewig@bost.de"
         subject="Dropping Cocoon Projects">
      <regexp pattern="/project .swf. not found/"/>
    </nag>
  </project>

and get nag mails for the swf-block project.  It would be possible to
get similar nagging into Jakarta's main Gump by modifying the
definition in either rubix.xml or rubypad.xml (I don't know which and
I don't feel like touching Sam's workspace definitions).

> However you have to add a separate nag to the gump build for each
> project rather than adding a nag to the project which sucks.

So true.

Re: Cocoon mis-configs

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:25, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> > On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> >>If you could then that would mean no errors pop up when running gump
> >>which would be great ;)
> >
> > Dropping project excalibur-monitor because of Exception
> > java.lang.Exception: project "excalibur-source" not found processing
> > project excalibur-monitor Dropping project jakarta-avalon-phoenix because
> > of Exception java.lang.Exception: project "excalibur-monitor" not found
> > processing project jakarta-avalon-phoenix Dropping project
> > jakarta-avalon-ftpserver because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
> > project "jakarta-avalon-phoenix" not found processing project
> > jakarta-avalon-ftpserver Dropping project jakarta-avalon-cornerstone
> > because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
> > "jakarta-avalon-phoenix" not found processing project
> > jakarta-avalon-cornerstone
>
> What about including these errors in the mail notifications?

It should be in theory possible to add a nag to the gump build that informs
you when things are being dropped. However you have to add a separate nag to

Re: Cocoon mis-configs

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>If you could then that would mean no errors pop up when running gump
>>which would be great ;)
>

> Dropping project excalibur-monitor because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project "excalibur-source" not found processing project excalibur-monitor
> Dropping project jakarta-avalon-phoenix because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project "excalibur-monitor" not found processing project jakarta-avalon-phoenix
> Dropping project jakarta-avalon-ftpserver because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project "jakarta-avalon-phoenix" not found processing project jakarta-avalon-ftpserver
> Dropping project jakarta-avalon-cornerstone because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project "jakarta-avalon-phoenix" not found processing project jakarta-avalon-cornerstone
>
> ;-)

A bit unfair for Peter, given that I appreciated his note...
What about including these errors in the mail notifications?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Cocoon mis-configs

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: Cocoon mis-configs

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 12:19, Peter Donald wrote:
>
>>Hi Nicola,
>>
>>Could you look at the cocoon module.xml and see what you can do to remove
>>the
>
> [peter@brainstem gump]$ ./mygen.sh
> Merging projects into workspace
>
> Dropping project swf-block because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
> "swf" not found processing project swf-block
> Dropping project itext-block because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
> "xml-itext" not found processing project itext-block
> Dropping project chaperon-block because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
> project "chaperon" not found processing project chaperon-block
>
>>warnings. If you could then that would mean no errors pop up when running
>>gump which would be great ;)
>

> :)

I've separated the "projects" in a core, blocks, and supplied sections,
and added chaperon, swf, xml-itext to the projects, to be able to tell
gump where the jars are.

Cocoon users, please check that it works, especially whi has committed
these blocks, and update the info on swf.

Thanks :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Cocoon mis-configs

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Re: Cocoon mis-configs

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 12:19, Peter Donald wrote:
> Hi Nicola,
>
> Could you look at the cocoon module.xml and see what you can do to remove
> the

[peter@brainstem gump]$ ./mygen.sh
Merging projects into workspace

Dropping project swf-block because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
"swf" not found processing project swf-block
Dropping project itext-block because of Exception java.lang.Exception: project
"xml-itext" not found processing project itext-block
Dropping project chaperon-block because of Exception java.lang.Exception:
project "chaperon" not found processing project chaperon-block

> warnings. If you could then that would mean no errors pop up when running
> gump which would be great ;)

:)

--
Cheers,