Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by ragsta <al...@libero.it> on 2006/07/31 16:38:22 UTC

to use or not to use.. outputlink

If I well understood the jsf framework the outputlink tag shoul be used only
to call web resources external to the jsf framework...

Infact, using an outputlink you can navigate to any page you want...
even if it's not allowed by the navigation rules declared in the
faces-config.xml....

I'm right?

Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: to use or not to use.. outputlink

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Output link generates an anchor tag to the URL you give it. No more,
no less. It has nothing to do with actions and navigation rules. It is
a tool, you can use it for whatever you want (refer to another JSF
view, an internal resource (like a GIF), or an outside URL)

-Andrew