Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Thouraya TH <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/18 17:03:13 UTC

Question: cassandra ring

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up this environnement:
i have two hosts A and B and 6 vms:

On Host 'A', i have three guests : x, y and z
On Host 'B' i have three guests : e, f and g

I have launched cassandra on all guests (seed node: x)

Now i'd like to start cassandra on the two Hosts A and B. (seed node: A)

My question is: if i use cqlsh on Host A to insert some data (replication
factor = 2)

is this data will be stored on only hosts or also guests ?

In my case, i will have two rings or only one ?

Thank you so much.
Best Regards.