Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thai Thanh Ha <th...@psv.com.vn> on 2001/03/02 04:42:36 UTC

Cannot deploy struts-blank.war onto j2eesdk1.2.1

I can't deploy struts-blank.war (struts 1.0b1) onto j2eesdk1.2.1 . Has
anyone done it before? Please help me!

Re: Cannot deploy struts-blank.war onto j2eesdk1.2.1

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Rob Leland wrote:

> I have no problem with using J2eesdk1.2.1.
> You'll need to be more specific, as to the problem you
> are encountering. It is likely a CLASSPATH problem.
>
> -Rob

It would also be helpful if some kind souls would try this with the
J2eesdk1.3 beta that was recently released (it includes Tomcat 4.0-beta-1
as the web layer) and report their success or problems.

Craig

Re: Cannot deploy struts-blank.war onto j2eesdk1.2.1

Posted by Rob Leland <Ro...@freetocreate.org>.

Re: class notfound exception

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
soh syed wrote:

> can anyone help with this
> my classpath is all ok and i have the classes in right
> folder but its still not visible to page
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception creating
> bean of class org.apache.struts.example.LogonForm:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.struts.example.LogonForm
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:459)
>         at
> _0002flogon_0002ejsplogon_jsp_0._jspService(Compiled
> Code)   at org.apache

It looks like you are trying to create an instance of
"org.apache.struts.example.LogonForm".  Note that this class is not* found in struts.jar,
because it belongs only to the example application.  You would need to make sure that the
contents of WEB-INF/classes from the example application was included in your
WEB-INF/classes directory.

Craig

class notfound exception

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.