Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/26 07:53:53 UTC

Issue with Block Join Parent Query Parser

Hi,

I'm using Solr 6.1.0

Would like to find out, can we use the Block Join Parent Query Parser to
filter the parents when I search for a field in the child document?

For example, when I just filter by child query like this, I get 8 results.
q={!parent which="*content_type:parentDocument*"}+range_f:[2 TO 8]

But when I try to filter further by parents as well by this query, I get a
much more number of results.
q=* +title:join *+{!parent which="*content_type:parentDocument*"}+range_f:[2
TO 8]

This results is weird, as by adding an additional filter, the number of
results returned should be further reduced. Like out of the original 8
results, only 2 of them has the title:join, so I should be getting 2
results.

But instead, I am getting records that are neither with the title:join or
range that is between 2 to 8 in my returned result.

What could be wrong here?

Regards,
Edwin

Re: Issue with Block Join Parent Query Parser

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
How it's parsed? You can check with debugQuery=true

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev