Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2009/09/15 22:40:28 UTC

Can't validate sample composites with the XSDs from trunk

I've loaded the latest XSDs [1] from trunk in my Eclipse IDE and am
trying to validate sample composites.

Calculator.composite [2] validates OK.

CalculatorRMIService.composite [3] causes validation errors:

Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element
'implementation.java'. One of
'{"http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903":documentation,
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903":implementation}' is
expected.	CalculatorRMIServer.composite	/test-xsd/src	line 39	XML Problem
cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element
'implementation.java'. One of
'{"http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903":documentation,
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903":implementation}' is
expected.	CalculatorRMIServer.composite	/test-xsd/src	line 43	XML Problem
cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element
'implementation.java'. One of
'{"http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903":documentation,
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903":implementation}' is
expected.	CalculatorRMIServer.composite	/test-xsd/src	line 47	XML Problem
cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element
'implementation.java'. One of
'{"http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903":documentation,
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903":implementation}' is
expected.	CalculatorRMIServer.composite	/test-xsd/src	line 51	XML Problem

Looks like bringing extensiblity elements from the Tuscany namespace
confuses the <component/implementation> substitution group.

Is there an XSD extensibility problem for implementations and bindings?

A comment in sca-core-1.1-cd04.xsd pointing to an older thread [4] led
me to believe that this problem was resolved (or worked around?)... but
it doesn't look like it's working.

Thoughts?

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/java/sca/modules/assembly-xsd/src/main/resources/
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/java/sca/samples/calculator/src/main/resources/Calculator.composite
[3]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/java/sca/samples/calculator-rmi-service/src/main/resources/CalculatorRMIServer.composite
[4] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@tuscany.apache.org/msg08924.html
--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Can't validate sample composites with the XSDs from trunk

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
It's probably related to http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-177.

I tried to only validate against the SCA XSDs:

<sca:composite targetNamespace="http://sample" name="Calculator"
xmlns:sca="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903"
xmlns:tuscany="http://tuscany.apache.org/xmlns/sca/1.1"
xmlns:sample="http://sample"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903
../../../../../modules/assembly-xsd/src/main/resources/sca-1.1-cd04.xsd ">

This works.

If I add the schemaLocation for Tuscany NS, then I see the same errors as
you found.

Thanks,
Raymond