Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Julian Grunnell <jg...@firstnet.net.uk> on 2002/04/18 11:04:34 UTC

Apache2 config. question.

Hi could someone advise me with the above pls.

Platform
Debian Linux

My old Apache 1.3.22 config is:
config.status
#!/bin/sh
##
##  config.status -- APACI auto-generated configuration restore script
##
##  Use this shell script to re-run the APACI configure script for
##  restoring your configuration. Additional parameters can be supplied.
##

SSL_BASE="/usr/local/openssl-0.9.6b" \
./configure \
"--with-layout=Apache" \
"--prefix=/usr/local/apache" \
"--enable-module=most" \
"--enable-shared=max" \
"--enable-module=ssl" \
"$@"

httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

Basically all modules enabled + shared - results in v.small Apache process
etc...Just Load / Add Modules when needed.

When I tried this with Apache 2 with the following configure:
config.nice
#! /bin/sh
#
# Created by configure

"./configure" \
"--enable-modules=most" \
"--enable-mods-shared=max" \
"$@"

It results in the following output from httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_auth_anon.c
  mod_auth_dbm.c
  mod_auth_digest.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_expires.c
  mod_headers.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_dav.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_info.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_dav_fs.c
  mod_vhost_alias.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_speling.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_rewrite.c
  mod_so.c

But no option to Load / Add modules, as if it had statically linked them all
instead of making them all as shared.

Or am I doing something obviously wrong here?

Thanks in advance - J.

- Julian Grunnell, 3rd Line Technical Support - Firstnet Services Limited
- tel: 0113 292 7736 : http://www.firstnet.net.uk
- [ This message subject to: http://www.firstnet.net.uk/disclaimer.html ]

Re: Apache2 config. question.

Posted by Lucas Brasilino <br...@recife.pe.gov.br>.
Hi

	You should read the archives. This question was posted a few days ago.
	Anyway here goes...

./configure     --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 \
                 --enable-so \
                 --enable-mods-shared=most

bests regards

Lucas Brasilino

> #! /bin/sh
> #
> # Created by configure
>
> "./configure" \
> "--enable-modules=most" \
> "--enable-mods-shared=max" \
> "$@"
>
> It results in the following output from httpd -l
> Compiled in modules:
>   core.c
>   mod_access.c
>   mod_auth.c
>   mod_auth_anon.c
>   mod_auth_dbm.c
>   mod_auth_digest.c
>   mod_include.c
>   mod_log_config.c
>   mod_env.c
>   mod_expires.c
>   mod_headers.c
>   mod_setenvif.c
>   prefork.c
>   http_core.c
>   mod_mime.c
>   mod_dav.c
>   mod_status.c
>   mod_autoindex.c
>   mod_asis.c
>   mod_info.c
>   mod_cgi.c
>   mod_dav_fs.c
>   mod_vhost_alias.c
>   mod_negotiation.c
>   mod_dir.c
>   mod_imap.c
>   mod_actions.c
>   mod_speling.c
>   mod_userdir.c
>   mod_alias.c
>   mod_rewrite.c
>   mod_so.c
>
> But no option to Load / Add modules, as if it had statically linked them all
> instead of making them all as shared.
>
> Or am I doing something obviously wrong here?
>
> Thanks in advance - J.
>
> - Julian Grunnell, 3rd Line Technical Support - Firstnet Services Limited
> - tel: 0113 292 7736 : http://www.firstnet.net.uk
> - [ This message subject to: http://www.firstnet.net.uk/disclaimer.html ]

[]'s
Lucas Brasilino
brasilino@recife.pe.gov.br
http://www.recife.pe.gov.br
Emprel -	Empresa Municipal de Informatica (pt_BR)
		Municipal Computing Enterprise (en_US)
Recife - Pernambuco - Brasil
Fone: +55-81-34167078