Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by David Gerler <dg...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/14 23:34:34 UTC

How do I use the pattern appender?

Hello,

                I have an app that is used by approximately 220 clients
right now. At times they send data every few minutes. It's very had to wade
through the data and it doesn't take long before it rolls off the end. I
would like to have each clients logs put in a separate folder by the client
ID.

                By searching the archives for ways to separate the logs by
the client that is sending to the web service  I found the this page.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/logging/log4net/trunk/examples/net/1.0/Appender
s/SampleAppendersApp/cs/src/Appender/PatternFileAppender.cs?view=markup

I'm just not sure what to do with it. The message where I found the link
mention building it. Does that mean I need to compile a new build of log4net
in order to use the Pattern Appender?

Thanks for your time.

 Dave