Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/06 14:37:14 UTC

VR - network throtling rate

Hi guys,

I'm reading on the network throtling in general, and I have a need to limit
just the VR internet connection interface to i.e. 100 Mb/s.

In the docs, they say VR public network rate value, is taken from Guest
Network Offering:
http://cloudstack-administration.readthedocs.org/en/latest/service_offerings.html#network-throttling

Although I understand that the network offering can be throttled when
defining network offering to be used in VPC - I don't really understand how
can I limit only VR Public connection rate, without affecting VR's routing
between dfferent private networks/tiers..

Any hint ?

Thanks

--

Andrija Panić

Re: VR - network throtling rate

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sanjeev, it's done:

Just a clarification: does the VR get's it's current network throttling
rates from Network Offering that is used for the *very first* Network/Tier
created - since you can also add private networks with different Network
Offerings (and network throttling rates)  - so just trying to figure out
what is the link between VR's rates and Network Offerings, since we can
have multiply private/isolated guest networks interconnected by VR ?

Thanks,

--

Andrija Panić

RE: VR - network throtling rate