Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Mark D. Hansen" <kh...@yahoo.com> on 2003/09/12 01:19:05 UTC

another Axis logging question

I'm trying to create/use a custom log4j.xml (same as log4j.properties, but XML format).  As directed in the Axis documentation, I removed log4j.properties from axis.jar and have placed my custom log4j.xml in the classpath.

But, now when I run the axis-admin Ant tasks (e.g., to deploy or undeploy a web service), I get a huge stack trace that starts with:

[axis-admin] java.util.zip.ZipException error in opening zip file

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

Re: another Axis logging question

Posted by Stephen Gordon <st...@student.usyd.edu.au>.
Methinks that the ZipException might be caused by something trying to
open a jar file - since a jar is just a renamed zip file IIRC.

stephen

AW: another Axis logging question

Posted by Wolfgang Vullhorst <wv...@s-und-n.de>.
> I'm trying to create/use a custom log4j.xml (same as log4j.properties, but
XML format).
> As directed in the Axis documentation, I removed log4j.properties from
axis.jar and
> have placed my custom log4j.xml in the classpath.

> But, now when I run the axis-admin Ant tasks (e.g., to deploy or undeploy
a web service),
> I get a huge stack trace that starts with:

> [axis-admin] java.util.zip.ZipException error in opening zip file

How did you remove the log4j.properties file from the jar? JARs
built/modified with PKZip/WinZip can cause problems when reading from them.
Better use the JAR command.

Wolfgang