Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ui...@gorodok.net on 2005/11/03 05:50:54 UTC

non standart component placement

Hello Tapestry-Users!

I have question about components placement. In my project i have
WEB-INF folder and components folder in it. In components folder i
have *.jwc files and *.html files with components specs and template.
In application xml file i placed something like
  <component-type specification-path="/WEB-INF/components/ShowValidationError.jwc"
    type="showValidationError" />
In specefication-path attribute i try to set value
components/ShowValidationError.jwc
/components/ShowValidationError.jwc
WEB-INF/components/ShowValidationError.jwc
/WEB-INF/components/ShowValidationError.jwc

with same result - Tag <span> on line 7 references unknown component
id 'showValidationError'.

It is bug, or i do something wrong?

this component taken from vlib example.

Re: non standart component placement

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
 <uinz <at> gorodok.net> writes:

> I have question about components placement. In my project i have
> WEB-INF folder and components folder in it. In components folder i
> have *.jwc files and *.html files with components specs and template.
> In application xml file i placed something like
>   <component-type
> specification-path="/WEB-INF/components/ShowValidationError.jwc"
>     type="showValidationError" />
> In specefication-path attribute i try to set value
> components/ShowValidationError.jwc
> /components/ShowValidationError.jwc
> WEB-INF/components/ShowValidationError.jwc
> /WEB-INF/components/ShowValidationError.jwc
>
> with same result - Tag <span> on line 7 references unknown component
> id 'showValidationError'.

You probably haven't reloaded your app after making changes to the
.application file. Either:

<component-type
  specification-path="components/ShowValidationError.jwc"
  type="ShowValidationError"/>

or

<component-type
  specification-path="/WEB-INF/components/ShowValidationError.jwc"
  type="ShowValidationError"/>

will work.

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)