Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Szymon Janc <sz...@codecoup.pl> on 2019/04/12 08:50:02 UTC

switching to mcuboot

Hi,

As discussed on several occasions we want to move away from bootutils and
start using mcuboot project directly.

PR implementing this is here https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core/pull/1763
It is not yet ready to be merged due to some issues with tests on mcuboot
side

Open points for this PR which I'd like to get some feedback on:
 - fixing (or removing?) tests that are executed with newt test all
 - should newt create-image default to new image header version (-2 option)
once we switch to mcuboot?
 - which mcuboot version should core track? Since it is external project I
suggest that master
  tracks 1-latest and when we release we stick to latest released version
at that time (eg core 1.7.0 would depend on mcuboot 1.3.0, 1.8 on 1.4.0 if
released etc)

--
pozdrawiam
Szymon K. Janc

Re: switching to mcuboot

Posted by Łukasz Rymanowski <lu...@codecoup.pl>.
Hi again,

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 at 11:00, Łukasz Rymanowski <
lukasz.rymanowski@codecoup.pl> wrote:

> Hi Szymon,
>
> Like the idea - I think we also need newt tool to point to some mcuboot
> version right?

Ah nevermind, all is in the mentioned PR :)

> Best
> Łukasz

Łukasz

Re: switching to mcuboot