Posted to dev@joshua.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/21 12:53:10 UTC

[VOTE] - Graduate Apache Joshua (incubating) as a TLP

Hi all,

The Apache Joshua podling PMC would like the project to graduate to a TLP.
Joshua entered Incubation on February 13th, 2016.
The 6.1 release was the first one done within ASF as an Incubator
project, the PPMC has grown since incubation start.

Vote:
[ ] +1 - Recommend Graduation of Apache Joshua as a TLP
[ ] -1 - Do not recommend graduation of Apache Joshua because ….

The Graduation Proposal was written, discussed and voted on the
project dev@ list [1,2] and here on general@ [3]. As per
recommendations made in [3], the By-Laws Clause was removed [4].
The final resolution can be found at [5].

Regards,
Tommaso

[1] : https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/2687c75696b61344dadf085c1f48443f71baaf88a9b012f86c35d2e6@%3Cdev.joshua.apache.org%3E
[2] : https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8ef1f4a9919f56979507fae749af691acb011e9ca7da9bc64bbfc8aa@%3Cdev.joshua.apache.org%3E
[3] : https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6c274f2ec6261828c636e950447a2c7d926bcc91f95cc10f183690a7@%3Cdev.joshua.apache.org%3E
[4] : https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/7bd8bb062c96cde65c4d7fd4dd1310aed0169d5922b40ec78216d161@%3Cdev.joshua.apache.org%3E
[5] :

open-source software, for distribution at no charge to

the public, related to statistical and other forms of machine

translation.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Joshua Project",

Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Joshua Project be and hereby is

related to statistical and other forms of machine translation;

and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Joshua" be

and hereby is created, the person holding such office to

serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair

of the Apache Joshua Project, and to have primary responsibility

for management of the projects within the scope of

responsibility of the Apache Joshua Project; and be it further

Apache Joshua Project:

* Tom Barber                                  <ma...@apache.org>

* Thamme Gowda                                <th...@apache.org>

* Felix Hieber                                <fh...@apache.org>

* Lewis John McGibbney                        <le...@apache.org>

* Chris Mattmann                              <ma...@apache.org>

* Matt Post                                   <mj...@apache.org>

* Paul Ramirez                                <pr...@apache.org>

* Henry Saputra                               <hs...@apache.org>

* Kellen Sunderland                           <ke...@apache.org>

* Tommaso Teofili                             <to...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Tommaso Teofili

be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Joshua to

serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the

death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,

or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Joshua Project be and hereby

Incubator Joshua podling; and be it further

Incubator Joshua podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Project are hereafter discharged.

Fwd: [RESULT][VOTE] - Graduate Apache Joshua (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks,

our TLP graduation vote has succeeded :-)
We should now follow the required steps to complete graduation.
I think next, is submission of the resolution to the ASF board [1].

Regards,
Tommaso

[1] : http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#submission_of_the_resolution_to_the_board

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] - Graduate Apache Joshua (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by kellen sunderland <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@spicule.co.uk>.
+1 ship it

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018, 16:34 Chris Mattmann, <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
>

> * Henry Saputra                               <hs...@apache.org>
>

> * Kellen Sunderland                           <ke...@apache.org>
>

> * Tommaso Teofili                             <to...@apache.org>
>

> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Tommaso Teofili
>

> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Joshua to
>

> serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>

> Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>

> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>

> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>

> RESOLVED, that the Apache Joshua Project be and hereby
>

> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>

> Incubator Joshua podling; and be it further
>

> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>

> Incubator Joshua podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Spicule Limited is registered in England & Wales. Company Number:
09954122. Registered office: First Floor, Telecom House, 125-135 Preston
Road, Brighton, England, BN1 6AF. VAT No. 251478891.

All engagements
are subject to Spicule Terms and Conditions of Business. This email and its
contents are intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed and
may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure, distributing or copying. Any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of Spicule Limited. The company accepts no
liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. If
you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by
reply email before deleting it from your system. Service of legal notice
cannot be effected on Spicule Limited by email.

Re: [VOTE] - Graduate Apache Joshua (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@spicule.co.uk>.
+1 ship it

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 binding.