Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steve Lewis <st...@azurediamond.com> on 2006/12/01 01:29:24 UTC

Announcement: Seam Archetype

At work, we have created an archetype for Maven2 to bootstrap web
applications using Seam.

"JBoss Seam is a powerful new application framework to build next
generation Web 2.0 applications by unifying and integrating popular
service oriented architecture (SOA) technologies like Asynchronous
JavaScript and XML(AJAX), Java Server Faces(JSF), Enterprise Java
Beans(EJB3), Java Portlets and Business Process Management(BPM) and
workflow."

http://www.lunarlogic.com/blog/show/maven_archetype_for_jboss_seam

The archetype is free to use.  The source code will be made available
later when we can haggle out the details of publishing it.

The resultant project is split up into three separate submodules: ear,
ejb, and web. The EJB module contains all of the java code, including
Seam actions and EJB 3.0 entity beans. The WEB module contains all of
the JSF pages, web application configuration files, and static web
content such as images and css. The EAR module contains the enterprise
application deployment files.

When you package the project from the root directory, the EJB module is
packaged into a JAR, the WEB module is packaged into a WAR, and then the
EAR module packages the JAR and the WAR into an EAR along with the
application deployment files.

See the link above for instructions on obtaining and using the archetype.

regards,
--
Steve Lewis