Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "AMARNATH, Balachandar" <BA...@airbus.com> on 2013/01/29 06:49:46 UTC

Files from remote host

Hi,

Does the statement

from(file://<remote host>/etc<file://<remote%20host>/etc>")  will work?. I expect, the file be transferred from remote file and used by the subsequent process.

With thanks and regards
Balachandar

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.

Re: Files from remote host

Posted by tamil13 <ta...@gmail.com>.
To transfer file from remote system, you no need to use ftp component. you
can simply use file component. It does work for me. but you gotta give
from(file:////<remote host>//etc<file:////&lt;remote%20host>//etc>")

For remote host, you need to add //// prior instead of //.
For remote folder, you need to add // prior instead of /.

Re: Files from remote host

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
If you can mount the remote file system to you local file system, I don't think you will have some trouble to the job.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: Files from remote host

Posted by Taariq Levack <ta...@gmail.com>.
No, but it might be a job for camel-ftp [1]

[1] http://camel.apache.org/ftp2.html

RE: Files from remote host

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Use the FTP component.

Sent from a mobile device
Am 29.01.2013 10:43 schrieb "AMARNATH, Balachandar" <

RE: Files from remote host

Posted by "AMARNATH, Balachandar" <BA...@airbus.com>.

RE: Files from remote host

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Any reason not to use ftp://... in your consumer endpoint? Or ftps://... or
sftp://..

Sent from a mobile device
Am 04.02.2013 05:53 schrieb "AMARNATH, Balachandar" <

RE: Files from remote host

Posted by "AMARNATH, Balachandar" <BA...@airbus.com>.
Absolutely no reason. One of the user successfully used file:/// to transfer files ! And hence, I was curious to replicate this.

Regards
Bala

RE: Files from remote host