Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Paul Buster <pb...@icloud.com> on 2014/03/17 18:55:38 UTC

kafka 7 to 8 migration

We were following the documented upgrade path - using the migration tool, updating consumers to 8, then planing to produce to 8 when the consumers are all ported. But, we’ve run into logistical issues.  We have a storm topology (java) where we’d like to consume from a kafka 8 cluster and produce to a kafka 7 cluster ?  Is there a way to do this ?  Is there a reverse migration tool ?

thanks

Re: kafka 7 to 8 migration

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, we don't have a built-in tool for the reverse pipeline. However, you
can potentially build sth like that yourself using java reflection. Take a
look at the implementation of the migration tool.

Thanks,

Jun