Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kapila Kohli <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/13 12:31:02 UTC

call maven-jar-plugin after build-helper-plugin

Hi,
I am facing an issue in which have settings in pom.xml as
generate war as default artifactid package, & also generate jar with some
specific folder set. Once done copy this new jar to some other machine.

Issue is- once build is done, it calls plugin-build-helper instead of
calling first mavne-jar-plugin.
hence build fails since jar doesnt get generated.
Can anyone suggest?

Hence pom.ml is like-

 <groupId>mmt</groupId>
                <artifactId>${artifactname.application}</artifactId>
                <packaging>${packaging.application}</packaging>
                <version>${version.bus-application}</version>

 <plugin>
                                <version>2.3</version>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <phase>install</phase>
                                                <goals>
                                                        <goal>jar</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                                <configuration>
                                                        <includes>

<include>**/dir/**/*.*</include>

<include>**/dir/**/*.*</include>
                                                        </includes>
                                                </configuration>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                        </plugin>
                        <plugin>
                                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>

<artifactId>build-helper-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                                <version>1.3</version>
                                <configuration>
                                        <artifacts>
                                                <artifact>
                                                        <file>

target/${artifactname.application}-${version.application}.jar
                                                        </file>
                                                        <type>jar</type>
                                                </artifact>
                                        </artifacts>
                                </configuration>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>attach-artifacts</id>
                                                <phase>package</phase>
                                                <goals>

<goal>attach-artifact</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                        </plugin>
                </plugins>

Re: call maven-jar-plugin after build-helper-plugin

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
On 7/13/10 6:31 AM, Kapila Kohli wrote:
> Hi,
> I am facing an issue in which have settings in pom.xml as
> generate war as default artifactid package, & also generate jar with some
> specific folder set. Once done copy this new jar to some other machine.
>
> Issue is- once build is done, it calls plugin-build-helper instead of
> calling first mavne-jar-plugin.
> hence build fails since jar doesnt get generated.
> Can anyone suggest?

Maven is doing *exactly* what you are telling it to do. The jar plugin
is bound to a later phase (install) than the build helper plugin (package).

I suspect you want to bind the jar plugin to the package phase.

Justin