Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sulman <su...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/02 20:07:32 UTC

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnectionManager.getParams()Lorg/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionManagerParams;

Hi,

I am developing a search application. When I try to create an instance of
CommonsHttpSolrServer I  get an Error: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnectionManager.getParams()Lorg/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionManagerParams;

Strangely i dont get this error when i execute this code from command line.
This error only occurs when i access it from a web application. Secondly,
this same method works fine with another web application. Both web
applications are deployed on tomcat 6. One application works fine and the
other one crashes. I have read on forums to check for the versions of
commons-httpclient and solrj. I have attached my pom entries below as well.
They seem fine (as the same code works fine from command line and from web
application for first application) . Any suggestions?

-----
Code
------
String serverUrl = "http://localhost:8080/solr-scots/";
CommonsHttpSolrServer server = new CommonsHttpSolrServer(serverUrl);

--------
pom.xml
----------

       <dependency>
		<groupId>commons-httpclient</groupId>
		<artifactId>commons-httpclient</artifactId>
		<version>3.1</version>
	</dependency>

<dependency>
    	<groupId>org.apache.solr</groupId>
    	<artifactId>solr-solrj</artifactId>
    	<version>1.3.0</version>
    </dependency>
-------------
Stack Trace:
--------------
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnectionManager.getParams()Lorg/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionManagerParams;
	at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.setDefaultMaxConnectionsPerHost(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:455)
	at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.<init>(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:152)
	at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.<init>(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:125)
	at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.<init>(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:97)
	at my.solr.test.scots.ScotsSearcher.search(ScotsSearcher.java:29)
	at my.solr.test.scots.ScotsController.search(ScotsController.java:69)
	at my.liferay.portlets.ScotsModel.processLocal(ScotsModel.java:58)
	at my.liferay.portlets.ScotsModel.process(ScotsModel.java:45)
	at my.liferay.portlets.JSPPortlet.processAction(JSPPortlet.java:126)
	at
com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.appengine.filter.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:98)
	at
com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:57)
	at
com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:100)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:535)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:472)
	at
com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:618)
	at
com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:664)

----------------------

Any Help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sulman.
--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/java.lang.NoSuchMethodError%3A-org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnectionManager.getParams%28%29Lorg-apache-commons-httpclient-params-HttpConnectionManagerParams--tp26614488p26614488.html

Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnectionManager.getParams()Lorg/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionManagerParams;

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Strangely i dont get this error when i execute this code from command line.
: This error only occurs when i access it from a web application. Secondly,
: this same method works fine with another web application. Both web
: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
: org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnectionManager.getParams()Lorg/apache/commons/httpclient/params/HttpConnectionManagerParams;
: 	at
: org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.setDefaultMaxConnectionsPerHost(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:455)

...if you only get this problem in some enviornments, then i suspect there
is something wrong with those environments (and clearly not with the
code).    I would start by checking every jar in all of your environments
and making sure you don't have multiple copies of hte same jar (in
different versions) mistakenly installed.

-Hoss