Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Vinoth raj <vi...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/11 12:09:50 UTC

Help Needed - Wait for response pattern in TCP sampler

Is there a way in Jmeter to wait for a specific response pattern for a TCP
request.
I created two requests, one for login and one for user status change.
For a login request on server side, a response is sent and also other
notifications are broadcasted.
Issue is that for the second request the response is misinterpreted. Before
the actual response for the second request (user status change) comes in
the other server notification is misconstrued as the response.

I want a way to wait for the second request handler for a particular
pattern in the response and then timeout if it isn't reached. In other
words for each request the request handler should only filter a specific
response pattern or else timeout. Is there a way to achieve this
requirement?

Re: Help Needed - Wait for response pattern in TCP sampler

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11 August 2014 11:09, Vinoth raj <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way in Jmeter to wait for a specific response pattern for a TCP
> request.
> I created two requests, one for login and one for user status change.
> For a login request on server side, a response is sent and also other
> notifications are broadcasted.
> Issue is that for the second request the response is misinterpreted. Before
> the actual response for the second request (user status change) comes in
> the other server notification is misconstrued as the response.
>
> I want a way to wait for the second request handler for a particular
> pattern in the response and then timeout if it isn't reached. In other
> words for each request the request handler should only filter a specific
> response pattern or else timeout. Is there a way to achieve this
> requirement?

Not with the current TCP sampler.

JMeter is extendable and open-source so you can write your own sampler
or extend an existing one.