Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <co...@decus.org> on 1997/03/30 17:18:11 UTC

Change to GNATS wrt PR ownership?

    I think Dean commented that GNATS won't send PR updates to the
    apache-bugdb list unless the `owner' of the PR is "apache".  Is this
    something that can be changed?  The PR count is getting high enough,
    and latency is great enough, that I'd like to be able to keep track
    of which ones I'm following by having my name attached.. not to
    mention that would avoid effort collisions.

    So.. is it possible to have GNATS mail apache-bugsdb regardless of
    who the PR owner is?

    #ken    :-/}

Re: Change to GNATS wrt PR ownership?

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Mar 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> >     I think Dean commented that GNATS won't send PR updates to the
> >     apache-bugdb list unless the `owner' of the PR is "apache".  Is this
> >     something that can be changed?  The PR count is getting high enough,
> >     and latency is great enough, that I'd like to be able to keep track
> >     of which ones I'm following by having my name attached.. not to
> >     mention that would avoid effort collisions.
> >
> >     So.. is it possible to have GNATS mail apache-bugsdb regardless of
> >     who the PR owner is?
>
> I am not a GNATS expert, I don't even play one on TV.  I would be happy to
> transition ownership of the GNATS database issues to someone on the team who
> has the experience, or at least the time, to go in and make it what it
> can/should be.  Any volunteers?

I have a bunch of things I want to do to make the database easier to use,
both for submitters and for us.  I won't be able to start getting around
to them for a few weeks though; after exams...

Re: Change to GNATS wrt PR ownership?

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Sun, 30 Mar 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>     I think Dean commented that GNATS won't send PR updates to the
>     apache-bugdb list unless the `owner' of the PR is "apache".  Is this
>     something that can be changed?  The PR count is getting high enough,
>     and latency is great enough, that I'd like to be able to keep track
>     of which ones I'm following by having my name attached.. not to
>     mention that would avoid effort collisions.
>
>     So.. is it possible to have GNATS mail apache-bugsdb regardless of
>     who the PR owner is?

I am not a GNATS expert, I don't even play one on TV.  I would be happy to
transition ownership of the GNATS database issues to someone on the team who
has the experience, or at least the time, to go in and make it what it
can/should be.  Any volunteers?

	Brian