Posted to user@commons.apache.org by John Patterson <de...@hotmail.com> on 2004/05/31 17:15:52 UTC

[HttpClient] Cookie name may not contain blanks

Hi,

The Cookie class does not like names with spaces in them.  It throws an
IllegalArgumentException.  Unfortunately the server that my app interacts
with uses a space in the cookie name.  Both IE and Mozilla don't mind.
Maybe this logic would be better placed in a CookieSpec class.

Thanks,

John.

Re: [HttpClient] Cookie name may not contain blanks

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@bluewin.ch>.
John,

I'll look into the problem and see how this restriction on cookie name
can be relaxed for the browser compatibility cookie policy

Oleg

[HttpClient] Post may not be redirected

Posted by John Patterson <de...@hotmail.com>.
When I try to set PostMethod.setFollowRedirects(true) an exception is thrown
stating that this is not allowed with "Entity Enclosing requests".  However,
the server that I access does return a 302 for POST requests.  Again, both
IE and Mozilla allow this so it might be a good idea to change this
behaviour.  Perhaps it could be a configurable HttpMethodParam.

John.