Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by DURDINA Michal <Mi...@assetsoft.sk> on 2004/03/05 18:33:38 UTC

[portal] JSR168 portlets problems under PortalEngine

Hi,
I found some problems while running jakarta-pluto testsuite under CocoonPortalEngine. I would like to report them and offer help if needed.

1. test2.jsp: Call to portalContext.getSupportedWindowStates() returns null.

2. test2.jsp: Call to renderRequest.getParameter("testName") returns null after 2.nd and every other render() was called. Portlet container should preserve request parameters sent upon 1.st request for every subsequent call of render() in the portlet which was not target of the subsequent client request (JSR-168spec chap. 11.1.1 §3). But jakarta-pluto is also doing this, so it's not exactly cocoon problem.

3. test3.jsp: Submit to url created by renderResponse.createRenderURL(); url.setWindowState(WindowState.MAXIMIZED); changes correctly return value of renderRequest.getWindowState() to "maximized", but the portlet window actually does not maximize. By contrast when submit to url with WindowState.MINIMIZED is executed, the portlet windows minimizes but stays minimized forever - I could not get it to normal size by clicking window icons.

4. test4.jsp: Simmilar to point 2. but at this time parameters set by _action_ are not preserved. When testing in jakarta-pluto, they are.

My testing env:
cocoon-portal block build from CVS (04.march.2003)
jakarta-testuite built from CVS (04.march.2003)

Michal

RE: [portal] JSR168 portlets problems under PortalEngine

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Michal Durdina wrote:

> Hi,
> I found some problems while running jakarta-pluto testsuite
> under CocoonPortalEngine. I would like to report them and
> offer help if needed.

Great, really appreciated!

> 1. test2.jsp: Call to
> portalContext.getSupportedWindowStates() returns null.

I fixed this (hopefully) yesterday morning in the CVS.

> 2. test2.jsp: Call to renderRequest.getParameter("testName")
> returns null after 2.nd and every other render() was called.
> Portlet container should preserve request parameters sent
> upon 1.st request for every subsequent call of render() in
> the portlet which was not target of the subsequent client
> request (JSR-168spec chap. 11.1.1 §3). But jakarta-pluto is
> also doing this, so it's not exactly cocoon problem.

Did you test the latest pluto version?

> 3. test3.jsp: Submit to url created by
> renderResponse.createRenderURL();
> url.setWindowState(WindowState.MAXIMIZED); changes correctly
> return value of renderRequest.getWindowState() to
> "maximized", but the portlet window actually does not
> maximize. By contrast when submit to url with
> WindowState.MINIMIZED is executed, the portlet windows
> minimizes but stays minimized forever - I could not get it to
> normal size by clicking window icons.
>
> 4. test4.jsp: Simmilar to point 2. but at this time
> parameters set by _action_ are not preserved. When testing in
> jakarta-pluto, they are.
>
> My testing env:
> cocoon-portal block build from CVS (04.march.2003)
> jakarta-testuite built from CVS (04.march.2003)

Thanks for reporting this! I think the best way is if you file bugs
into bugzilla. Please enter a bug to the Cocoon bugs if the
problem is only with the Cocoon portal and to Pluto's bug list
if the bug is in Pluto as well.

I will try to update the version of Pluto used in Cocoon to the
latest version in the next days and then have a look at the bugs
you described.

Many thanks!

Carsten