Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/05 02:28:46 UTC

cgen questions [was: Re: [VOTE] 3.0M5 Release]

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 3:20 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au> wrote:
> 1. I've never known what "dotemplates" means. Could we rename that to
> something more obvious like "entity templates"

Maybe direct objects, a carryover from webobjects?  Or derived
objEntities? I don't really know either.

> 2. Is v1_2 confusing since it doesn't match the Cayenne versioning and there
> isn't any sense of how 1.2 relates to 3.0M5.

Cgen versioning is independent of cayenne.   Not sure if there's any
point in trying change how it's done, as that will always be the case.

> 3. Can we get rid of the deprecated templates outside the 1.2 folder which
> really shouldn't be offered for use. If people are already using old
> templates, then let's support them, but let's not encourage their use.

+1.   I think that cgen v1.2 is proven technology at this point, and I
can't think of any reason why we need to officially support older
templates in Cayenne 3.0.