Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2016/03/22 17:01:37 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Calcite 1.7.0 released

The Apache Calcite team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Calcite 1.7.0.

Calcite is an framework for building databases and data management
systems. It includes a SQL parser, an API for building expressions in
relational algebra, and a query planning engine.

This release comes two months after 1.6.0 and is the first release
since we spun off Avatica as an independently released project. It
includes 53 resolved JIRAs and contributions from 13 contributors.

The new adapter for Apache Cassandra converts SQL queries to
CQL. Complementing the new materialized views feature in Cassandra
3.0, the Cassandra adapter can rewrite queries to use any materialized
views.

A new Oracle-compatability mode, enabled by adding 'fun=oracle’ to the
JDBC connect string, adds Oracle-specific functions such as DECODE and
NVL. We hope to add compatibility modes for other databases in future
releases.

You can start using Calcite in Maven by simply updating your
dependency to:

 <dependency>
   <groupId>org.apache.calcite</groupId>
   <artifactId>calcite-core</artifactId>
   <version>1.7.0</version>
 </dependency>

If you'd like to download the source release, you can find it here:

 http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-1.7.0/

You can read more about the release (including release notes) here:

 http://calcite.apache.org/news/2016/03/22/release-1.7.0/

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at:

  http://calcite.apache.org/

Thanks to everyone involved!

Julian Hyde, on behalf of the Apache Calcite Team