Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/13 19:06:00 UTC

Status of Smx4 / CXF integration

Hi Freeman, could you give a quick update on the Smx4 / CXF integration you
have been working on ?
While at JavaOne, I was working on EJB3 integration and I think they are
quite similar.  Maybe there is a way to make them work together.
My main point was to be able to deploy annotated POJOs (JAX-WS or EJB3)
without any additional informations, and these POJOs would be wired onto the
NMR: all annotated POJOs would be registered as endpoints on the NMR, and
eventually exposed through SOAP / HTTP (for web services).

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Status of Smx4 / CXF integration

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@iona.com>.
Hi Guillaume,

We can deploy jaxws annotated pojo as endpoints on the NMR based on
camel  servicemix component([1] for code) and camel cxf component(the
code reside on apache camel), more tests from [2], those tests just use
cxf http transport to expose the webservice, which is not so ideal since
we should reuse protocol supported in camel.
Also,  we can use camel cxf transport (the code reside on apache camel)
to reuse protocol supported in camel (such as jetty or jms) to expose
the web service, camel cxf transport just use cxf transport api and can
use camel supporting protocol as underlying protocol, for example we can
use jetty which is supported by camel, instead of http transport from
cxf, [3] is the test.
[1]http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/features/trunk/camel/servicemix-camel
[2]http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/features/trunk/camel/servicemix-camel/src/test/java/org/apache/servicemix/camel/*Test.java
[3]http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/features/trunk/camel/servicemix-camel/src/test/java/org/apache/servicemix/camel/ws/security/WSSecurityTest.java