Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jo...@fwd.at on 2003/05/01 00:47:31 UTC

RE: manager app+ant bug's n' blues - continued

Hi Shapira,

What do you think about replacing the HTTP PUT request by a Axis servlet
which will expose the API currently served by the manager app? Who would
help me with digging into the code if I have any questions about the
current code structure?

Is there a specification about how to perform checksums on WAR files to
allow easy checking if anything has gone wrong during upload (e.g. MD5
hash or something of the like)?

I could imagine an application which exposes the manager app and goes
beyond it for uploading WAR files:
*) allow upload of two files, one WAR and one checksum file
*) notify the caller if anything has gone wrong during upload (invalid
checksum)
*) deploy the WAR file to the docbase the user wants to use
(this would support my versioning effort of multiple versions of one app I
always talked about so far).
*) make sure that everything gets properly inited (InitParameters,
JAR-files, etc. not broken, servlet.init() finishes correctly).

Is anybody else interested in implementing that?

thx alot
Johannes

"Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com>
30.04.2003 19:06
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>

"Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: manager app+ant bug's n' blues - continued

Howdy,
I don't use the manager app, so I can't troubleshoot with any accuracy,
but I do have a suggestion that can help with all the problems outlined
in this email...

>And here are the flaws which occured during usual day operations:
>1.) java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
<snip>
>So that's it.
>Maybe some real solutions will come...

The "solutions" may "come" earlier if you contribute them yourself ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics