Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Florian Weimer <fw...@deneb.enyo.de> on 2013/01/01 17:39:06 UTC

Re: Subversion Rev number - quick question

* Z. W.:

> Issue: For those files that User C checks in, we like to pick up the
> previous versions of those files, prior to User C's checkouts after
> the job B begins running and not pick up the files versions that
> User B checks in during the job B run.
>
> We like to know if there is anything needed to be done in SVN to
> make it work ?

You can specify an explicit revision number when performing the
checkouts.  This way, you can ensure that they are consistent.

Tags are mostly overkill for this, especially if you keep track of the
revision number you used by other means.

Re: Subversion Rev number - quick question

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Florian Weimer,
am Dienstag, 1. Januar 2013 um 17:39 schrieben Sie:

> You can specify an explicit revision number when performing the
> checkouts.  This way, you can ensure that they are consistent.

But especially in a context of Jenkins and Co. this is not the default
behavior and would require manual intervention all the day.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:Thorsten.Schoening@AM-SoFT.de