Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Storm Spire <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/20 16:29:32 UTC

outputLink, graphicImage & portlet

from the jetspeed jpetstore demo, I can see struts demo works well with
links, like the one inside /index.jsp, it writes

inside the jsf-demo, the image link works ok as well, like:
<h:graphicImage id="waveImg" url="/wave.med.gif" />

but it doesn't work with outputLink, if I add the following:
    <h:outputLink id="treeTableLink2" value="treeTable.jsf">
        <h:outputText value="Click Here for Tree Table"/>
    </h:commandLink>

the portal generate the link without any portal context, just like
http://127.0.0.1:8080/treeTable.jsf, but above image's URL is
http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsf-demo/wave.med.gif, quite strange behavior.

just wonder why graphicImage works perfectly with portlet, but outputLink
doesn't.

if outputLink doesn't work, anyway to go to another page without going
through bean and navigation rules?

Re: outputLink, graphicImage & portlet

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
h:outputLink is only for literal URLs, so that won't work for page
navigation.  Use a h:commandLink with an action attribute.

--
Dave Brondsema
Software Developer