Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thomas Hallgren <th...@tigris.org> on 2004/11/11 09:30:13 UTC

Importing from perforce

Hi,
Is there some way to import a fairly big perforce repository into
subversion? Has anyone done something like that before?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Re: Importing from perforce

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there some way to import a fairly big perforce repository into
> subversion? Has anyone done something like that before?

Check out p42svn (http://users.ox.ac.uk/~raym/software/misc/), that
might be able to do what you want.  The VCP perl modules also contain
support for both p4 and svn, so you could probably convince them to do
the conversion.  I don't have any experience with either of these
techniques on really big p4 repositories, so if you give it a try please
let the list know what your results are like.

-garrett