Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Laurent Medioni <lm...@odyssey-group.com> on 2008/08/26 11:07:54 UTC

Cocoon 2.1.11 and XSLTC

Hi,

is it reasonable to set the default xslt processor to XSLTC in
cocoon.xconf ?

It seams to provoke some weird side effects in my case...

Would it be a "common" change of the standard configuration ?

(or is this why the standard xconf does not propose it ;))

Thanks.

� This email and any files transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and intended
� Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, or distribution of the material within
  this email is strictly forbidden.
� Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the
  author and do not necessarily represent those of Odyssey Financial
Technologies SA unless otherwise specifically stated.
� An electronic message is not binding on its sender. Any message referring to
� If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
  and delete the original.

RE: Cocoon 2.1.11 and XSLTC

Posted by Alfred Nathaniel <an...@apache.org>.
On 2008/08/29 at 09:32 "Laurent Medioni" <lm...@odyssey-group.com> wrote:

> is it reasonable to set the default xslt processor to XSLTC in
> cocoon.xconf ?
> It seams to provoke some weird side effects in my case*
> Would it be a *common* change of the standard configuration ?
> (or is this why the standard xconf does not propose it ;))

I can confirm that XSLTC can be used with Cocoon 2.1.x.  However, you
first have to check your stylesheets for XSLTC compatibility.  The XSLTC
engine and interpreted Xalan have little more in common than being part
of the same Apache project.

XSLTC flags a number of XSLT constructs are errors, which pass through
Xalan without problems.  One example is to call a non-existing template
name from a template which is never executed.

First you should use the command line tool "xalan -xsltc" to check that
your stylesheets compile without error, and then try again with Cocoon.

HTH, Alfred.

RE: Cocoon 2.1.11 and XSLTC

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Maybe not so common... but if you want a response from the
developers - who are very active on this list - you may need to
post something more specific (preferably with error logs) than

<19...@mail4.oams.com>, "Laurent
Medioni" <lm...@odyssey-group.com> wrote:

Hi,
Should I transfer this question to the Cocoon developers list ?
I thought I could get some answers from user experiences* I cannot
believe everybody uses the default configuration ;)
Or is it so a dumb question* ? ;)
Thanks.

RE: Cocoon 2.1.11 and XSLTC

Posted by Laurent Medioni <lm...@odyssey-group.com>.