Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by nithin91 <ni...@franklintempleton.com> on 2020/02/18 12:38:25 UTC

Re: Loading cache from Oracle Table

Hi Prasad,

Is there a improvement in performance. If so can you please share the sample
code as i am also looking for a similar solution.

Re: Loading cache from Oracle Table

Posted by yossi <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Prasad,

Any update on this? I have a similar use case when I have to load 10million
of records  from a mysql database table but I keep getting the error
"(jvm-pause-detector-worker) Possible too long JVM pause" even ignite
persistence is enabled (which should write in disk the data when the data
does not fit in RAM).

I followed  https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/jvm-and-system-tuning
<https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/jvm-and-system-tuning>   tips for
tuning GC and I have also increased the heap size.

For testing purposes I am using a single node with the following JVM
settings:

-server -Xms8g -Xmx8g -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:+UseG1GC
-XX:+ScavengeBeforeFullGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC

So, I would like to know how you manage to use multiple threads to retrieve
rows by batches and how to use partition aware for loading big tables
because it is not clear at all to me. It would be easier If I see an
example.

Thank you!

Re: Loading cache from Oracle Table

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

20 minutes for 40 mln entries seems in reasonable ballpark to me. What's
the CPU usage on Ignite nodes at that time?

Ilya Kasnacheev

ср, 19 февр. 2020 г. в 19:43, Prasad Bhalerao <prasadbhalerao1983@gmail.com

Posted by Prasad Bhalerao <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,