Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu <am...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2011/08/01 06:25:17 UTC

Re: how to use TotalOrderPartitioner

The example Sort, at org.apache.hadoop.examples.Sort, uses TotalOrderPartitioner with InputSampler. You can have a look at it.

Thanks
Amareshwari
On 7/29/11 11:20 PM, "Sofia Georgiakaki" <ge...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Good evening,

does anyone have an example of how I can use the TotalOrderPartitioner (with InputSampler)? It seems that I have to use a patch before I can use it
(on hadoop 0.20.2), but the patch fails with some errors.

In addition, I have searched for hours but haven't found an example
enlightning enough, so it is not clear to me how I can use these
classes.
My problem is, that the input format of the
InputSampler is different of the input format that the mapper uses.
Maybe I could use 2 different Configuration instances (one for the Job,
and one for the InputSampler), so that I can set the different
InputFormats...
Could someone give me a helping hand please?

Thank you in advance,
Sofia Georgiakaki