Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za> on 2008/01/08 21:51:05 UTC

Pojo Application Server: Release 1.0.3

A POJO Application Server...

Lets one develop normal full java applications outside of the container.
When they are dropped into the container only the UI side runs on the remote clients machine, thus one gets a light weight Rich Client, with no additional effort.
The rest of the application runs in the server, making sophisticated server development childs play.
Delivers games... anything.

This version now incorporates an Active Desktop, which makes installing applications very easy for the user.
Much easier than running setup on windows, and because of this new Coherent Diffusion technology, installation times on a network from a central application server, are in the order of 2 to 3 seconds.
>From the time your client see's the new application, to the time they use it... maybe 5 seconds.

Enjoy!

The best application server on earth

Re: [users@httpd] Pojo Application Server: Release 1.0.3

Posted by lists <li...@jaqui-greenlees.net>.
Johnny Kewl wrote:
> A POJO Application Server...
>
> Lets one develop normal full java applications outside of the container.
> When they are dropped into the container only the UI side runs on the remote clients machine, thus one gets a light weight Rich Client, with no additional effort.
> The rest of the application runs in the server, making sophisticated server development childs play.
> Delivers games... anything.
>
> This version now incorporates an Active Desktop, which makes installing applications very easy for the user.
> Much easier than running setup on windows, and because of this new Coherent Diffusion technology, installation times on a network from a central application server, are in the order of 2 to 3 seconds.
>>>From the time your client see's the new application, to the time they use it... maybe 5 seconds.

Problem:
a no java, no javascript, no flash client, your app broke.
my stand:
your app, your server, not my client for processing.
result:
business site the requires clientside scripting to be enabled lost business.

Jaqui