Posted to dev@livy.apache.org by Meisam Fathi <me...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/16 03:13:02 UTC

Re: Accessing Detailed Livy Session Information (session name?)

Hi Peter,

Are you using ZooKeeper for recovery store?
If yes, in conf/livy.conf, is livy.server.recovery.zk-state-store.key-prefix
set to different values in different Livy instances? If not, all of Livy
instances will read/write the recovery data from/to the same path, which is
default is /livy/v1 by default.

This behavior is not documented in livy.conf nor on the website. It might
be a good idea to document it somewhere.

Thanks,
Meisam

Posted by Meisam Fathi <me...@gmail.com>.
I noticed a bug in Ambari while playing around with these settings. Ambari
ignores the livy.server.recovery.state-store value and attempts to create a
file bases state store even if state-store is set to zookeeper. The attempt
fails because zkhost1:port,zkhost2:port,zkhost3:port,... is not a valid
path on HDFS. It looks like it is related to this issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-25250

Thanks,
Meisam

Posted by Marco Gaido <ma...@gmail.com>.