Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Vladimir Urquia <vu...@moredata.pt> on 2015/01/19 18:07:17 UTC

PDFBox: Problem with converting pdf page into image

Hello group,
My mission is pretty simple: converting every single page of a pdf file
into images, them get a barcodes values. My problem:
A function page.convertToImage(bufferedImageType, dpis) return a
bufferedImage withouth barcode image.
How can I solve this??
Thanks,
Vladimir.

Re: PDFBox: Problem with converting pdf page into image

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

The 1.8 versions have trouble rendering some fonts. The unreleased 2.0
version doesn't. The best would be to upload your PDF somewhere.

If the barcode is in the PDF as text (and not as an image) it may be
possible to extract its value without rendering, with
PDFTextStripperByArea, if you know where the barcode will be.

Tilman