Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Doug Davis <du...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/03/14 20:37:57 UTC

Re: JWS and package name spaces

Make sure the jws file is in a dir tree that matches your package name.
-Dug

"Chris Haddad" <ch...@cobia.net> on 03/15/2002 11:14:05 AM

To:    <ax...@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:    JWS and package name spaces

Axis-dev ?

I am attempting to deploy a class via the JWS instant deployment feature,
but the engine cannot find the class file.  The class has package namespace
of com.cobia.HelloWorld.

When I attempt to invoke the service using
http://localhost:8080/axis/HelloWorld.jws?wsdl  or
http://localhost:8080/axis/com/cobia/HelloWord.jws?wsdl, the class file is
generated properly and placed in \webapps\axis\com\cobia\HelloWorld, but
the engine is attempting to reference the class without the package
namespace.

\axis\HelloWorld.jws?wsdlreturns the following:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:
\usr\local\cygwin\home\build\tomcat\webapps\axis\\HelloWorld.class (The
system cannot find the file specified)

\axis\com\cobia\HelloWorld.jws?wsdlreturns a blank page.

Should we be able to deploy JWS files that have a package namespace?
Should I be able to access the WSDL from a package scope JWS file? I
remember that there has been prior discussion on this matter, but I don't
remember the consensus.

Thanks,

/Chris