Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com> on 1998/10/26 22:49:33 UTC

Removing 1.2.x from distribution directory

On the bugdb, we've been saying that 1.2.x versions are no longer
supported. However, we're still distributing 1.2.6, and even
mentioning it on the homepage. Should we remove these references to
1.2?

"Even on radio, their new logo sucks" -- Aaron Dickey about the BBC World
Service

Re: Removing 1.2.x from distribution directory

Posted by Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>.
+1 remove it

but it is very important that users be
able to stick with the old version if
they need to

Re: Removing 1.2.x from distribution directory

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On the bugdb, we've been saying that 1.2.x versions are no longer
> supported. However, we're still distributing 1.2.6, and even
> mentioning it on the homepage. Should we remove these references to
> 1.2?

+1 for removing them from /dist/ and mentions on the Web pages,
and moving them to an /old/ directory or equivalent.

#ken	P-)}

RE: Removing 1.2.x from distribution directory

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org>.
According to Manoj Kasichainula:

>  On the bugdb, we've been saying that 1.2.x versions are no longer
>  supported. However, we're still distributing 1.2.6, and even
>  mentioning it on the homepage. Should we remove these references to
>  1.2?

+1 on removing them.

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                       - "Being an expert just lets you be
sfx@unix-ag.org                     - wrong with more conviction." (Dr Who)

Re: Removing 1.2.x from distribution directory

Posted by Bill Stoddard <st...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> On the bugdb, we've been saying that 1.2.x versions are no longer
> supported. However, we're still distributing 1.2.6, and even
> mentioning it on the homepage. Should we remove these references to
> 1.2?

+1 to remove.

--
Bill Stoddard
stoddard@raleigh.ibm.com

Re: Removing 1.2.x from distribution directory

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>.
Now that 1.3 is as stable as 1.2.6 (imho) I think this is appropriate.

I would like to create an "old" directory with old versions of Apache; a
directory that was NOT mirrored (so maybe its own vhost), but where we
could get old copies of things for hysterical er historical purposes.

Of course, I lost the official archive of old versions when I lost that
disk a few months back :(

Logged in from Atlanta,

	Brian