Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anders Peterson <an...@optimatika.se> on 2003/10/03 13:47:55 UTC

Turning off multirefs

Hi,

How do I turn off multirefs for my client? The server seems to have
problems with them. Axis makes these kind of references down to
individual text/number fields (seems odd).

I've read in the docs about *.wsdd files. The problem is I don't have
one! The only server-config.wsdd  and client-config.wsdd files I could
find are in axis.jar. I tried modifying these but nothing seemed to happen.

Where does Axis look for the configuration files?

Can I set in code? (All I have is the wsdl2java generated code.) I've
seen in the API docs that AxisEngine has a bunch of static final
properties. How are they initialized?

My environment: Axis 1.1, Java 1.4 WebObjects 5.2. I do not have Tomcat
or similar. As far as I know I don't use any WebObjects specific code (I
know I could).

/Anders

Re: Turning off multirefs

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi Doran

I belive the global parameter at the server-config.wsdd should do the
trick. it was called "sendMultiRefs"  have a look at the wsdd in the
org.apache.axis.server(classpath)

Srianth

Re: Turning off multirefs

Posted by Doron Rosenberg <do...@nexgenmedia.net>.

Re: Turning off multirefs

Posted by Anders Peterson <an...@optimatika.se>.
BTW

Is this standard?

    <SettlementAmount href="#id18"/>
    <Fee href="#id19"/>
   </multiRef>
   <multiRef id="id16" soapenc:root="0"
xsi:type="decimal"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">6053.14</
multiRef>
   <multiRef id="id22" soapenc:root="0"
xsi:type="decimal"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">81586.35</
multiRef>
   <multiRef id="id18" soapenc:root="0"
xsi:type="decimal"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">-168994.78</
multiRef>
   <multiRef id="id21" soapenc:root="0"
xsi:type="decimal"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">0.0000</
multiRef>
   <multiRef id="id23" soapenc:root="0"
xsi:type="decimal"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">0.0000</
multiRef>
   <multiRef id="id19" soapenc:root="0"
xsi:type="decimal"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">0.0000</
multiRef>
   <multiRef id="id17" soapenc:root="0"
xsi:type="decimal"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">0.0000</
multiRef>
   <multiRef id="id20" soapenc:root="0"
xsi:type="decimal"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">81355.29</
multiRef>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

The server I'm trying to communicate with has problems with this. Why
do this multiref stuff with just simple decimals?

/Anders

On fredag, okt 3, 2003, at 17:54 Europe/Stockholm, Michael Ser wrote:

> Anders,
>
> In the createCall method of <service>SoapBindingStub.java code created
> by wsdl2java add the following:
>
> 	_call.setOption(org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.PROP_DOMULTIREFS, new
> Boolean(false));
>
> Good luck,
>
> mike
>
> Michael Ser
> Netweave Integrated Solutions, Inc.

__________________________
Anders Peterson
Optimatika
Torstenssonsgatan 12, 5tr.
114 56 Stockholm
Sweden

Personal: +46 - (0)70 - 843 78 92
Company: + 46 - (0)8 - 720 30 66
Fax: + 46 - (0)8 - 15 31 00

Re: Turning off multirefs

Posted by Anders Peterson <an...@optimatika.se>.
Thanks!

I just figured out that I could do

((org.apache.axis.client.Service)
this.service).getEngine().setOption(AxisEngine.PROP_DOMULTIREFS,
Boolean.FALSE);

in the *BindingStub constructor. Is that equivalent to your suggestion?

(Axis contains a myriad of *Engines, *Services, *Clients and
*Factories!)

/Anders

On fredag, okt 3, 2003, at 17:54 Europe/Stockholm, Michael Ser wrote:

> Anders,
>
> In the createCall method of <service>SoapBindingStub.java code created
> by wsdl2java add the following:
>
> 	_call.setOption(org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.PROP_DOMULTIREFS, new
> Boolean(false));
>
> Good luck,
>
> mike
>
> Michael Ser