Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Brian Dillon <Br...@FINEOS.com> on 2007/11/28 15:03:23 UTC

Axis 1.x and Axis 2 in same VM

Hi,

> (This didn't seem to submit the first time so resending, appologies to
> anyone that gets this twice.)
>
> We are looking at moving our services from Axis 1.3 to Axis 2. However
> since we have customers with their own Axis 1.3 services we may have a
> situation where we need to support Axis 1.3 and Axis 2 in the same
> application server and VM. Has anyone ever tried this before ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian

FINEOS Corporation is the global brand name of FINEOS Corporation Limited and its affiliated group companies worldwide.
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential, may be privileged and is intended
only for the user of the recipient named above. If you are not the intended recipient or a
representative of the intended recipient, you have received this e-mail in error and must
not copy, use or disclose the contents of this e-mail to anybody else.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and permanently delete the copy you received.  This e-mail has been swept for
computer viruses. However, you should carry out your own virus checks.
Registered in Ireland, No. 205721.  http://www.FINEOS.com

RE: Axis 1.x and Axis 2 in same VM

Posted by Brian Dillon <Br...@FINEOS.com>.
Paul,

Thanks for that,

Brian

________________________________

Yes. In fact WSO2 has an open source project called WSAS that uses this
capability to add Axis2's security and RM support to existing Axis1
services. Basically it lets you deploy Axis1 services inside Axis2 and
runs Axis1 side by side with Axis2 to do it.

So it definitely works!

Paul

On Nov 28, 2007 2:03 PM, Brian Dillon <Br...@fineos.com> wrote:

[...]

Paul Fremantle