Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ivan Filippenko <Iv...@aero.org> on 2002/04/16 07:10:57 UTC

TCPMon and "Building Web Services with Java" examples in Beta1

Hi all,

I'm trying to adapt the examples from the book "Building Web Services with
Java"
to AXIS Beta1, and am encountering a couple of strange behaviors with
respect to TCPMon.

For one thing, rather quickly I begin getting the following exceptions in
the TCPMon process:

java.net.SocketException: Descriptor not a socket: JVM_recv in socket
input stream read
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.utils.tcpmon$SocketRR.run(Unknown Source)

For another, instead of each request/response transaction being logged
as a separate entry in the monitor's list, only a couple of initial
entries show up,
and after that each new request gets appended to the requests already
showing
in the Request pane, and each response gets appended to responses already
showing in the Response pane.

Any clues what I could be doing wrong?  Has anyone successfully adapted
these
examples, and the auxiliary files (e.g., jsp) driving them, to Beta1?

Any tips will be appreciated!

Thanks,

  -- Ivan