Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/17 10:48:19 UTC

AltRMI now in Incubator CVS.

Folks,

AltRMI has landed at incubator.  I'll go thru the avalon* packages later and update references
(and import Jars), before deleting the excalibur CVS presence for this.

- Paul

Re: AltRMI now in Incubator CVS.

Posted by Paul Hammant <pa...@yahoo.com>.
> I've upgraded jsch to 0.1.0 last week and they seem to have changed
> the jsch API in a backwards incompatible manner.
>
> jsch now also uses a BSDish license, but this is not related to the
> AltRMI build failure.

Well, I've dropped the JSCH stuff as it did not work anyway.  The Stream-forwarding feature (which
was cool on paper) needed to be given Input and output streams (rather than providing them like
Socket does).

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> wrote:

> Would be nice to get it running again in GUMP, too (believe this has
> to do with jsch

yes

> and licensing...).

no ;-)

I've upgraded jsch to 0.1.0 last week and they seem to have changed
the jsch API in a backwards incompatible manner.

jsch now also uses a BSDish license, but this is not related to the
AltRMI build failure.

Stefan

Re: AltRMI now in Incubator CVS.

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Paul Hammant wrote:
> Folks,
>
> AltRMI has landed at incubator.

cool! Go-go-gadget-altrmi!

> I'll go thru the avalon* packages later and update references
> (and import Jars), before deleting the excalibur CVS presence for this.

sounds like a plan. Would be nice to get it running again in GUMP, too
(believe this has to do with jsch and licensing...).

cheers!

- Leo