Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David Anderson <da...@calixo.net> on 2006/04/01 17:44:40 UTC

Needed: Subversion committer @ CollabNet

Hey,

So, we have all sigs for the 1.3.1 release.  So, I'm continuing the
release process, and finding that I need to send the files to their
download location on subversion.tigris.org.

So, people working at Collabnet: I need someone to ask CN Ops to
mirror into http://subversion.tigris.org/downloads/ the files at the
following URI:

http://lolut.utbm.info/pub/subversion/1.3.1/adama/

Thanks in advance, and all that.

As an aside, there was word at one point of automating this process,
as is was done at the time Ben Reser was the release manager. Can
anyone provide an update to that?

Also, if automation is not forthcoming, I would very much like us to
move the official download location onto svn.collab.net, and provide
me (that is, $release_manager with direct access to it.  It's not that
it is a major pain to have the files on tigris, but it is an
additional slight annoyance to have to block on waiting for CN ops,
who have better things to do than mirror files.

- Dave.

Re: Needed: Subversion committer @ CollabNet

Posted by David James <dj...@collab.net>.
On 4/1/06, David Anderson <da...@calixo.net> wrote:
> So, people working at Collabnet: I need someone to ask CN Ops to
> mirror into http://subversion.tigris.org/downloads/ the files at the
> following URI:
>
> http://lolut.utbm.info/pub/subversion/1.3.1/adama/

I've already filed a ticket, and I'll follow up to make sure the
tarballs are posted by Monday.

> As an aside, there was word at one point of automating this process,
> as is was done at the time Ben Reser was the release manager. Can
> anyone provide an update to that?

Yes. We're planning to move Subversion downloads to a different
location (e.g. "downloads.collab.net"). We'll give you direct access,
so that we don't need to file internal tickets to do releases.

> Also, if automation is not forthcoming, I would very much like us to
> move the official download location onto svn.collab.net, and provide
> me (that is, $release_manager with direct access to it.  It's not that
> it is a major pain to have the files on tigris, but it is an
> additional slight annoyance to have to block on waiting for CN ops,
> who have better things to do than mirror files.

We'll setup direct access for you to either "svn.collab.net" or
"downloads.collab.net" so you can do releases more quickly.

Hope this helps,

David

--
David James -- http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~james