Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by kishoremmv <ki...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/12 10:35:41 UTC

Invalid HTTP server response

We are using TomEE 1.6.0.

We are facing a problem while accessing web services which is hosted in
TomEE 1.6.0 from JBOSS 5.X. The issue while accessing web services we were
getting (Invalid HTTP server response [400] - Bad Request
/Invalid HTTP server response [501] - Not Implemented) The issue also not
reproducing every time. The same method working most of the times but some
times it fails due to 400/501 error. Success case and failure case inputs
request are same.

The Web services hosted in Tomee 1.6.0 and Client is running on JBOSS 5.X.

Caused by: org.jboss.remoting.CannotConnectException: Can not connect http
client invoker after 1 attempt(s)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.http.HTTPClientInvoker.makeInvocation(HTTPClientInvoker.java:271)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.http.HTTPClientInvoker.transport(HTTPClientInvoker.java:176)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.invoke(MicroRemoteClientInvoker.java:169)
	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:2084)
	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:879)
	at
org.jboss.ws.core.client.HTTPRemotingConnection.invoke(HTTPRemotingConnection.java:247)
	... 139 more
Caused by: org.jboss.ws.WSException: Invalid HTTP server response [501] -
Not Implemented
	at
org.jboss.ws.core.soap.SOAPMessageUnMarshallerHTTP.read(SOAPMessageUnMarshallerHTTP.java:75)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.http.HTTPClientInvoker.readResponse(HTTPClientInvoker.java:608)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.http.HTTPClientInvoker.useHttpURLConnection(HTTPClientInvoker.java:402)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.http.HTTPClientInvoker.makeInvocation(HTTPClientInvoker.java:253)
	... 144 more

Caused by: org.jboss.remoting.CannotConnectException: Can not connect http
client invoker after 1 attempt(s)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.http.HTTPClientInvoker.makeInvocation(HTTPClientInvoker.java:271)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.http.HTTPClientInvoker.transport(HTTPClientInvoker.java:176)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.invoke(MicroRemoteClientInvoker.java:169)
	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:2084)
	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:879)
	at
org.jboss.ws.core.client.HTTPRemotingConnection.invoke(HTTPRemotingConnection.java:247)
	... 142 more
Caused by: org.jboss.ws.WSException: Invalid HTTP server response [400] -
Bad Request
	at
org.jboss.ws.core.soap.SOAPMessageUnMarshallerHTTP.read(SOAPMessageUnMarshallerHTTP.java:75)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.http.HTTPClientInvoker.readResponse(HTTPClientInvoker.java:608)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.http.HTTPClientInvoker.useHttpURLConnection(HTTPClientInvoker.java:402)
	at
org.jboss.remoting.transport.http.HTTPClientInvoker.makeInvocation(HTTPClientInvoker.java:253)
	... 147 more

One more observation in Tomee Access log, At the time of failing we seen the
below log

172.21.8.118 - - [31/Dec/1969:18:59:59 -0500] "-" 400 -
172.21.8.118 - - [10/Feb/2014:07:19:32 -0500] "Envelope>POST
/test/services/Test?wsdl HTTP/1.1" 501 1174

Any thoughts what causing the problem?

Thanks
Mohan Kishore

Re: Invalid HTTP server response

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
basically using two or more instances configure to be load balanced
behind http. For the doc just refer to the tomcat mod_jk (or
mod_proxy) pages.
Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

Posted by Mohan Kishore <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
so the request is maybe just rejected, you can just scale tomee behin httpd

Posted by Mohan Kishore <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
maybe server is just too busy, any idea of the server usage?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

what's the logs on tomee side? seems a difference in http layer
between jboss and tomee, one is too old or not well configured it
seems