Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rekha <re...@rediffmail.com> on 2018/09/13 08:07:45 UTC

20180913 - Clarification about Limitation

Hi Solr Team,
I am new to SOLR. I need following clarification from you.
		How many documents can be stored in one core?			Is there any limit for number of fields per document?			How many Core&rsquo;s can be created in on SOLR?			Is there any other limitation is there based on the Disk storage size? I mean some of the database has the 10 GM limit, I have asked like that.			Can we use SOLR as a database?
Thanks,Rekha Karthick

Re: 20180913 - Clarification about Limitation

Posted by Andrea Gazzarini <a....@sease.io>.
Hi Rekna,
I think nobody can seriously answer to your questions. The only
"serious" answer to your questions, which doesn't help you, is "it
depends"; specifically, it depends on what is / are your goal / goals,
context and so on.

Is not possible, at least in my opinion, to provide such answers under
an absolute perspective because they shouldn't make so much sense. Of
course, there are some "hard" limits (if you have 10GB of available disk
space, your index cannot be greater than that) but I believe you can
ignore that: it's better if you focus on (and provide us some other
details about) your objectives.

Best,
Andrea

Posted by Rahul Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
Depends on whether you are using Solr or solrcloud. Solrcloud distributes data into shards so it increases overall capacity.

Rahul Singh
Chief Executive Officer
m 202.905.2818

Anant Corporation
1010 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 250
Washington, D.C. 20007

We build and manage digital business technology platforms.

Posted by Emir Arnautović <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi,
Here are some thought on how to resolve some of “it depends”: http://www.od-bits.com/2018/01/solrelasticsearch-capacity-planning.html <http://www.od-bits.com/2018/01/solrelasticsearch-capacity-planning.html>

HTH,
Emir

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.